- Please inform us if you have any symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, so we can re-schedule you accordingly.
- We will not treat anyone who presents with symptoms of being ill. You must be symptom-free for 7 days prior to your dental visit.
- We ask that you wait in your car and call us when you arrive. We will check you in over the phone and call you back when you are ready to be seated.
- If you are being accompanied to your appointment, your escorts should wait in the car for you, as we are keeping the number of people in our reception room to a minimum.
Patient Safety Measures Post Covid
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to the safety of our patients, team and families has been and always will be our main priority. In addition to adhering to social distancing guidelines, we wanted to share with you what our practice has been doing to prepare ourselves for your visit and ensure your safety:
We have always and will continue to implement the highest standard of infection control. Furthermore, we are increasing the frequency of which our designated team members are cleaning, disinfecting and wiping down everything in the treatment rooms, restrooms and reception room including: chairs, door handles, light switches, tables, etc. on a regular basis.
Before entering our office:
Upon entering our office, you will be:
- Immediately brought to a hand-sanitizing station.
- Assessed for respiratory symptoms and fever (with a non-contact, digital, infrared thermometer) and asked to sign a health declaration form.
- Escorted into your treatment room as quickly as possible and asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide for 60 seconds (if treatment is to be provided).
- In every treatment room, we are equipped with the newest generation aerosol reduction technology, that reduces over 90% of generated aerosols.
- We will NOT be providing headphones or blankets at this time, to decrease the risk of cross contamination. Please feel free to bring your own as our office temperature will be colder due to the PPE’s we will be wearing.
We hope that you can feel secure in the knowledge that we are doing everything in our power to provide the safest clinical conditions in order to protect you, our team & our families.
Please call us if you have any concerns or questions. We have missed seeing all of you and look forward to welcoming you back to our office!