Exams & Cleanings | Frenectomies | Fillings | Crowns | Cavity Prevention | Education | Habit Management
Pediatric Dentist - Top Rated in Mandeville
If your child is like most, they don’t like going to the dentist. Unfortunately, most kids in the Northshore area have diets high in sugar that place them at risk for premature tooth decay and periodontal disease. For that reason, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) strongly recommends a child’s initial dental exam and cleaning prior to their first birthday. Dr. Eversgerd and her staff enjoy working with patients and families of all ages.
The Best Local Pediatric Dentistry Services for Family and Kids
At Allure Dental, we fully understand the importance of finding your child a pediatric dentist they’ll feel comfortable with for many years to come. That’s why we provide local kids with a patient-focused office environment that’s filled with amenities like:
- Electronic games
- Cozy, touch-smooth leather chairs
- Warm, peppermint-scented towels
- Bose, noise-canceling headphones
- Soothing lip balm
- Kids-flavored fluoride
- A refreshment center
To keep your child’s smile healthy and beautiful looking, the pediatric dentistry services that we offer include:
- Routine exams and cleanings
- Flouride treatments
- Oral hygiene care tips and education
- Orthodontic screenings
- Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF)
A Pediatric Dentist's Dental Care Tips for Parents
Pediatric dentists recommend to a family that parents begin brushing their child’s teeth soon after the first one appears. As additional “baby teeth” emerge, you should check them every two weeks for signs of discoloration. Here are some other early oral health and hygiene tips that we share with parents at our Mandeville practice:
- Brush 2 to 3X per day. Until they can do it themselves, brush your child’s teeth after every big meal and at bedtime. While doing so, use a soft-bristled brush and pea-sized dab of toothpaste. Don’t use a fluoride-containing toothpaste in children under the age of 2 unless instructed to do so by Dr. Eversgerd. If your child puts up a fight when it’s brushing time, turn it into a fun game like “Get the tooth decay bad guys”, or try playing them their favorite songs.
- Don’t forget to floss. As soon as your child has two teeth that touch, you can start flossing their teeth. Flossing removes the gingivitis-causing food deposits that get caught between the tooth base and gumline.
- Tooth sealants. Sometimes it’s hard to brush and floss your little one’s back molars, so another decay-prevention step you can take is to have sealants applied. Sealants last for years and are very effective and help to protect hard-to-reach tooth surfaces.
- Twice-yearly dental visits. As of 2019, the AAPD recommends pediatric dental exams and cleanings every 6 months to ensure a happier, healthier smile for your child. Professional dental care is an important part of maintaining oral health.
The Best Dental Care for Children in Near You
At Allure Dental, we love treating kids like our own by using a special approach that’s compassionate, relaxing and fun. Starting with Dr. Daniela Eversgerd, it’s our goal to build long-term relationships with families that will truly last a lifetime! To schedule a pediatric dental appointment for your child today with Dr. Eversgerd, patients can contact us and call Allure Dental in Mandeville at: (985) 951-2220.
After Hours and Emergency Contact Form
Reviews by Our Wonderful Patients
Through explanation of dental procedure. No pain. Courteous staff. Wonderful dentist. Crowns made in office; no back and forth. A+A G. 9/15/2020
This was my first visit to Allure dental. I had a wonderful experience. Paulette did a gentle and... read moreMargaret D. 6/11/2020
Amazing experience with amazing people. I truly highly recommend Allure Dental for a complete relaxing and professional experience.... read moreXctv d. 6/12/2019
Great staff, very gentle and they know what it’s like to sit in that chair. Got Botox and didn’t feel... read moreCarla B. 10/21/2020
After my first two experiences, I am convinced that I have found my place for dental care.Ron D. 5/22/2019
The facility is first... read more
Great service! All team is very friendly and helpful. They all try to make the experience as good as possible.Eric S. 8/27/2020
Highly recommend—The best around! Dr. Daniela and her staff are all very helpful & nice! They definitely care about... read moreDerek D. 4/03/2019
Great service! All team is very friendly and helpful. They all try to make the experience as good as possible.A G. 8/27/2020
So happy we found Allure dental, loved everything about it. The receptionist was very personable and friendly as well as... read moreAlannah H. 2/21/2020
Great care and an outstanding staff!Brian M. 9/03/2020
I usually dread dentist appointments. This was 5 star, first class, as soon as you walked into the door. They... read moreA G. 8/12/2020