Exams & Cleanings | Frenectomies | Fillings | Crowns | Cavity Prevention | Education | Habit Management
Pediatric Dentist - Top Rated in Mandeville
If your child is like most, they don’t like going to the dentist. Unfortunately, most kids in the Northshore area have diets high in sugar that place them at risk for premature tooth decay and periodontal disease. For that reason, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) strongly recommends a child’s initial dental exam and cleaning prior to their first birthday. Dr. Eversgerd and her staff enjoy working with patients and families of all ages.
Our Local Pediatric Dentistry Services for Kids
At Allure Dental, we fully understand the importance of finding your child a pediatric dentist they’ll feel comfortable with for many years to come. That’s why we provide local kids with a patient-focused office environment that’s filled with amenities like:
- Electronic games
- Cozy, touch-smooth leather chairs
- Warm, peppermint-scented towels
- Bose, noise-canceling headphones
- Soothing lip balm
- Kids-flavored fluoride
- A refreshment center
To keep your child’s smile healthy and beautiful looking, the pediatric dentistry services that we offer include:
- Routine exams and cleanings
- Flouride treatments
- Oral hygiene care tips and education
- Orthodontic screenings
- Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF)
A Pediatric Dentist's Dental Care Tips for Parents
Pediatric dentists recommend to a family that parents begin brushing their child’s teeth soon after the first one appears. As additional “baby teeth” emerge, you should check them every two weeks for signs of discoloration. Here are some other early oral hygiene tips that we share with parents at our Mandeville practice:
- Brush 2 to 3X per day. Until they can do it themselves, brush your child’s teeth after every big meal and at bedtime. While doing so, use a soft-bristled brush and pea-sized dab of toothpaste. Don’t use a fluoride-containing toothpaste in children under the age of 2 unless instructed to do so by Dr. Eversgerd. If your child puts up a fight when it’s brushing time, turn it into a fun game like “Get the tooth decay bad guys”, or try playing them their favorite songs.
- Don’t forget to floss. As soon as your child has two teeth that touch, you can start flossing their teeth. Flossing removes the gingivitis-causing food deposits that get caught between the tooth base and gumline.
- Tooth sealants. Sometimes it’s hard to brush and floss your little one’s back molars, so another decay-prevention step you can take is to have sealants applied. Sealants last for years and are very effective at protecting hard-to-reach tooth surfaces.
- Twice-yearly dental visits. The AAPD recommends pediatric dental exams and cleanings every 6 months to ensure a happier, healthier smile for your child.
Compassionate Pediatric Dental Care for the Mandeville Family Smile
At Allure Dental, we love treating kids like our own by using an approach that’s compassionate, relaxing and fun. Starting with Dr. Daniela Eversgerd, it’s our goal to build long-term relationships with families that will truly last a lifetime! To schedule a pediatric dental appointment for your child today with Dr. Eversgerd, please call Allure Dental in Mandeville at: (985) 951-2220.
After Hours Contact Form
Reviews From Our Wonderful Patients
I love this dentist and her staff. They are very kind, caring and helpful. Always a pleasant experience!Gwen B. 3/26/2019